So, I'm twenty-five years old. Which means I am about half-way through into what our generation calls "the defining decade." I felt like the Lord really wanted me to plant a few simple words of wisdom from things that have help shape and mold me over the years. Number twenty-five is one of my favorites and reminds me that growing older doesn't have to be a negative thing, in fact it's such a blessing. When I spend small moments with my grandma, I look at how beautiful she is, and how much she has seen of the world. Number eighteen is something that I currently struggle with and pray for strength to get better at doing, everyday. I want to be genuine with everyone I encounter, especially on the World Race. Number nine ... I don't think I've ever had a moment where I did not see God show up and teach me so much through reaching out to those that are younger than me. It is so challenging and so rewarding at the same time. Some of these words are what family, friends and mentors have poured into my life, and others are from my own life experience. If you have more that you'd like to add to the list, please do! I'd love to see a 50 Things I've Learned in 50 Years post. I pray that you find at least one of these things encourages you in your daily life.
Warmly and with love,
1. Trust the timing of your life.
2. No one can steal your joy.
3. Less is more.
4. Quality over quantity.
5. Be proud of your dreams.
6. Give yourself assignments.
7. Never too old to learn something new.
8. Encourage others to learn from your mistakes.
9. Mentor to those that are younger than you.
10. People walk in and out of your life for a reason.
11. Be intentional.
12. Spend as much time outside as you can.
13. Food is a gift. Enjoy every bite, and every sip.
14. Expand your musical horizons.
15. Write letters by hand and express gratitude.
16. Make seasonal bucket lists.
17. Dance often, sing often, embrace freedom.
18. Celebrate other people's victories.
19. Find something or someone to take care of.
20. College isn't for everyone, but learning is.
21. Go one week without make up, and see what happens.
22. Learn to read people's love languages.
23. Stop beating yourself up, no one is perfect.
24. Wisdom is a beautiful and powerful thing.
25. Embrace old age, it is a privilege denied to many.